The AES wishes to support international attendees in their efforts to secure the needed travel documentation and recognises that letters of invitation can help smooth the visa application process. However, in order to receive a letter of invitation, we must have some assurance that you intend to attend the conference if your travel visa request is granted.
Letters will only be issued to those meeting any ONE of the following criteria:
- You have been a paid-up financial member of Australasian Evaluation Society at least since 1 February 2016.
- You are scheduled to present at the annual conference.
- You have completed and paid in-full for 2016 conference registration
- You have been awarded an AES Conference Support Grant for Emerging Indigenous Evaluators within the Australasia region.
- You can provide evidence of your work or study in the field of evaluation.
How to request a letter of invitation
- An indication of which of the five criteria above you meet, including documentation of your work or study in the field of evaluation if you meet only criteria #5
- The full address that should appear on the letter
- The name and title of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- The email address you wish the letter to be sent to
- Any other information that you believe is needed in order to process your request for a letter or to develop the letter of invitation.
Letters of invitation will be sent by email only.
We strongly encourage you to make your request at the earliest date possible. Requests cannot be received after 20 August 2016.
Letters of invitation are sent within three working days of receipt of all requested information.